Integrity Engineer – Support
At Cenozon, we help oil and gas companies of all sizes unlock the power of data. We are a small, diverse team of professionals who are committed to innovation, and exceptional customer service. And we’re growing!
Cenozon is building a future where it’s easier for oil and gas operators to make better decisions and achieve optimal operational efficiency, safety and compliance in pipeline integrity and measurement.
Today’s energy industry demands technology solutions to help reduce costs and improve business results. Our innovative software plays a key role in an industry steering into a new era of intelligence, efficiency, and automation. You can be a part of it!
We’re hiring an Integrity Engineer – Services for supporting and developing innovative software solutions. As an ideal candidate, you will work closely with the professional service, software development, and product managers/owners to deliver innovative and high-quality software products and support. Leveraging your technical knowledge and background, you be supporting pipeline integrity management programs by performing various engineering and technical analysis of Canadian pipeline systems. The successful candidate will work closely with multiple key internal and external stakeholders (i.e. technical subject matter experts, regulatory compliance, field operations, external vendors and 3rd parties). The successful candidate will be an integrated part of the Support Team and report to the Director of Operations.
- Utilize and apply engineering knowledge in planning and conducting engineering analysis of significant scope and responsibility
- Gather and analyze data in support of assessing and quantifying integrity threats
- Determine compliance to design requirements
- Perform Engineering Studies to determine the continued safe operation
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to reach optimized solutions
- Define high-level work scope for projects
- Provide technical support to other Integrity Stakeholders as required
- Develop and update related procedures to support the continual improvement Management Program
- Contribute to a continuous improvement culture, supporting efficiency and consistency efforts
- Communicate and report technical and project work progress to Leadership
- Generate statistical reports as needed
- Provide guidance to Engineers-in-Training and students
- Review and assess development applications to identify future work
- Effectively partner with Product Managers/Owners and Software Engineers to define and deliver new features
- Design, oversee, and implement end to end technical project plans
- Lead the effective and efficient delivery of new product/solution projects
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple groups with competing priorities
- Develop technical documentation for new features, products, and processes
- Provide training to empower internal and external users
- Sc. Engineering (Civil, Materials, Mechanical, or Petroleum)
- Registered practicing Professional Engineer Designation with APEGA
- A minimum of 4 years of engineering experience
- Thorough understanding of Canadian regulations and standards related to pipelines
- Experience in developing technical procedures and processes to ensure safety, compliance, efficiency and effectiveness
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, in English, both written and oral
- Solid computer skills, ability to learn customized software in addition Microsoft Office Suite
- Self-motivated individual with excellent work ethic and strong desire to learn and develop
- Have exceptional analytical and decision-making skills with attention to detail
- Proven ability to collaborate and contribute in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve by applying engineering principles and developing effective solutions
- Understanding of pipeline design, facility design, pipeline integrity and risk analysis
- Project Management experience
- Ability to effectively manage your time, multi-task and work independently as may be required
Why work with us?
- Competitive pay
- Benefits & vacation package
- Educational opportunities
- Casual and collaborative work environment
- Convenient downtown location close to LRT
- You can call yourself a Cenozonian
- We have a ping pong table and we’re not afraid to use it
How to apply:
Cenozon is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from all who are qualified. Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest and advised that only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.