At Cenozon, we help oil and gas companies of all sizes unlock the power of data. We are a small, diverse team of professionals who are committed to innovation, continuous improvement and exceptional customer service. And we’re growing!
Cenozon is building a future where it’s easier for oil and gas operators to make better decisions and achieve optimal operational efficiency, safety and compliance in pipeline integrity and measurement.
Today’s energy industry demands technology solutions to help reduce costs and improve business results. Our innovative software plays a key role in an industry steering into a new era of intelligence, efficiency and automation. And you can be a part of it!
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to support Cenozon clients with the setup and ongoing maintenance of their pipeline integrity program using Cenozon’s leading software. You have solid field operations experience, some pipeline integrity management experience and strong organizational skills. You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and believe that customers – not computers – are the heart of what we do.
You will use your expertise to:
- Build models that solve real business problems by using any technique that makes sense (machine learning, classical statistics, simulation, optimization, etc.)
- Explore the feasibility of early use cases, recommending whether a valid approach exists
- Wrangle raw data in a variety of ways (handling missing data, engineering new features, transforming features, selecting features, etc.)
- Tell the story of your results using visualization when necessary (PowerBI, ggplot, matplotlib, Excel, etc.)
- Collaborate with developers and cloud architects to make your models operational
- Track your models’ results in production and advocating for tweaks when necessary
- Become a vocal advocate for data transformation within Cenozon Inc. and representing us in the local analytics community
- experience in advanced analytics and data science
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or another quantitative field
- Experience using statistical computer languages (Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- A passion for data science, such as participation in data communities, hackathons, ongoing skill development, curiosity in solving problems
- Broad technical skillset that removes limitations in how you solve problems (querying, wrangling, and positioning data for your models)
- Enthusiasm for visualizing and communicating your results to stakeholders
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- You embody our core values: Customer Service, Innovation, Teamwork and Excellence
- Strong communication, presentation, and organization skills
- Strong people skills; ability to work with others
- Experience working with Big Data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders
- Interest in predicting trends and identifying patterns
- Strong investigative and observation skills
- Critical thinking
- Experience in operationalizing your models (particularly using cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS)
- Knowledge of cutting-edge deep learning, computer vision, or NLP techniques
- Relevant domain knowledge in energy
How to apply:
Cenozon is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from all who are qualified. Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest and advised that only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.